This concept discusses the history of e-Sourcing and identifies popular e-Sourcing services, its areas of application, main benefits, and critical issues for all parties involved.
E-Sourcing refers to internet-enabled applications and decision support tools that facilitate interactions between buyers and suppliers through the use of online negotiations, online auctions, reverse auctions and similar tools. E-Sourcing is especially associated with online auctions, which enable prices reductions by introducing the element of competition. They are visible, clearly structured and make the procurement process transparent (Engelbrecht-Wiggans and Katok, 2006).
e-Sourcing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about e-Sourcing.
e-Sourcing Strengths *
e-Sourcing Weaknesses *
Examples of e-Sourcing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
e-Sourcing Implementation *
Success Factors of e-Sourcing *
Measures of e-Sourcing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
e-Sourcing Videos *
e-Sourcing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
e-Sourcing Web Resources *
e-Sourcing Print Resources *
e-Sourcing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Amelinckx, I., Muylle, S., and Lievens, A. (2008) Extending electronic sourcing theory: An exploratory study of electronic reverse auction outcomes. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 7(1), pp.119-133.
- Bartezzaghi, E. and Ronchi, S. (2005) E-sourcing in a buyer-operator-seller perspective: Benefits and criticalities. Production Planning & Control, Vol. 16(4), pp.405-412.
- Bush, D. (2007) Issues on e-Sourcing: Adoption and Penetration. In M.Lamoureux, ed. (2008) The e-Sourcing Handbook: A Modern Guide to Supply and Spend Management Success. Iasta Publishing.
- BuyIT & CIPS: e-Sourcing. A BuyIT e-Procurement best practice guideline.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on e-Sourcing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques