The concept reviews e-Procurement and the current state of its field. It explores latest technologies and demonstrates how Information Communication Technology (ICT) can be used to optimise procurement performance.
e-Procurement refers to web-based procurement networks in which one or more companies source their suppliers at the lowest costs possible (Ong, 2002). The term e-Procurement is sometimes used interchangeably with 'business marketplaces' (B2B), 'electronic supply chains', 'trading hubs', or 'trading communities'.
e-Procurement Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about e-Procurement.
e-Procurement Strengths *
e-Procurement Weaknesses *
Examples of e-Procurement *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
e-Procurement Implementation *
Success Factors of e-Procurement *
Measures of e-Procurement *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
e-Procurement Videos *
e-Procurement Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
e-Procurement Web Resources *
e-Procurement Print Resources *
e-Procurement References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aberdeen Group (2001) FedEx Taps e-Procurement To Keep Operations Soaring, Costs Grounded. Aberdeen Group Inc: Boston.
- Ageshin, E.A. (2001) e-Procurement at Work: A Case Study. Production and Inventory Management Journal, First Quarter.
- Barry (2011) Cash Springboard for Netalogue. Western Mail, 21 October.
- Brull, S.V. (2000) Such Busy Bees in B2B. Business Week, March 27.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on e-Procurement and hundreds of other essential business management techniques