This concept provides a detailed explanation of the uses of electronic communication technologies, such as the Internet, mobile phones and digital televisions, to accomplish marketing objectives.
e-Commerce describes the exploitation of electronic means and platforms to conduct company business. e-Marketing (also referred to as web marketing or internet marketing) uses electronic communication technologies including the Internet, mobile phones and digital televisions to accomplish marketing objectives (McDonald and Wilson, 1999). More specifically, e-Marketing portrays company efforts to inform and communicate with buyers, and promote and sell its products and services over the Internet (Kotler and Keller, 2006).
e-Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about e-Marketing.
e-Marketing Strengths *
e-Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of e-Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
e-Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of e-Marketing *
Measures of e-Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
e-Marketing Videos *
e-Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
e-Marketing Web Resources *
e-Marketing Print Resources *
e-Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2003) Principles of Marketing. Pearson Education Limited.
- Brynjolfsson, E., Hu, Y. and Smith, M.D. (2006) From Niches to RIches: The Anatomy of the Long Tail. Sloan Management Review, Vol. 47(4), pp. 67-71.
- Bruce, A. (2002) Clubcard Takes to the Internet as Tesco.com Strives for Perfection. The Grocer, 4 May, p. 8.
- Chaffey, D., Mayer, R., Johnston, K. and Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2003) Internet Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. (2nd Ed.) Financial Times/Prentice Hall, Harlow, Essex, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on e-Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques