Double-loop learning (DLL) is an educational concept that involves teaching people to think more deeply about their own assumptions and beliefs. You will gain an understanding of the different but related concepts and learn the difference between DDL and "learning from your mistakes”.
Double-Loop Learning Definition
Double-loop learning (DLL), also known as Generative learning, is a type of transformational learning. DLL involves creativity and innovation and is about adapting, being ahead of, and anticipating change (Malone, 2003).
Double-Loop Learning Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Double-Loop Learning.
Double-Loop Learning Strengths *
Double-Loop Learning Weaknesses *
Examples of Double-Loop Learning *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Double-Loop Learning Implementation *
Success Factors of Double-Loop Learning *
Measures of Double-Loop Learning *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Double-Loop Learning Videos *
Double-Loop Learning Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Double-Loop Learning Web Resources *
Double-Loop Learning Print Resources *
Double-Loop Learning References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antal, A.B., Child, J., Dierkes, M. and Nonaka, I. (2003) Handbook of organizational learning and knowledge. Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford [u.a.].
- Argyris, C. and Schön, D.A. (1978) Organizational learning: A theory of action perspective. Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Argyris, C. (1991) Teaching smart people how to learn. Harvard Business Review. Vol. 69(3).
- Argyris, C. (1977) Double loop learning in organizations. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 55(5), pp. 115-125.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Double-Loop Learning and hundreds of other essential business management techniques