This concept describes a Plan-Do-Check-Act wheel management model suggested by Deming. The model is used by companies to provide a systematic approach to achieving continuous improvement.
Deming Wheel Definition
The Deming Wheel is an iterative model developed by W. Edwards Deming composed of four functional elements: plan, do, study, and act. It is a looping model based on the principles of continuous process improvement (Fong et al., 1998).
Deming Wheel Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Deming Wheel.
Deming Wheel Strengths *
Deming Wheel Weaknesses *
Examples of Deming Wheel *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Deming Wheel Implementation *
Success Factors of Deming Wheel *
Measures of Deming Wheel *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Deming Wheel Videos *
Deming Wheel Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Deming Wheel Web Resources *
Deming Wheel Print Resources *
Deming Wheel References (4 of up to 20) *
- Cheng, J.-L. (2008) Implementing Six Sigma via TQM Improvement: An Empirical Study in Taiwan. The TQM Journal, Vol. 20(3), pp. 182-95.
- Colman, R. (2002) Shifting into High Gear: Honda Canada Drives Process Innovation with its Employees. CMA Management Magazine, October Edition.
- Dewer, D. (1985) International Association of Quality Circles. The Quality Circles Journal, May Edition.
- Ehigie, B.O. and McAndrew, E.B. (2005) Innovation, Diffusion and Adoption of Total Quality Management (TQM). Management Decision, Vol. 43(6), pp. 925-40.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Deming Wheel and hundreds of other essential business management techniques