This concept defines and covers the fundamentals of demand management, including the implementation process, strengths, drawbacks and success factors. It also explores the best practice companies are applying today through the revision of some useful case studies.
Demand Management Definition
Demand management is a process within an organisation which "enables that organisation to tailor its capacity ... to meet variations in demand or ... to manage the level of demand using marketing or supply chain management strategies" (CIPS: Demand planning:2).
Demand Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Demand Management.
Demand Management Strengths *
Demand Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Demand Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Demand Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Demand Management *
Measures of Demand Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Demand Management Videos *
Demand Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Demand Management Web Resources *
Demand Management Print Resources *
Demand Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aghazadeh, S. (2004) Improving Logistics Operations Across the Food Industry Supply Chain. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol.16(4), pp.263-268.
- Burbidge, J.L. (1961) The New Approach to Production. Production Engineer, Vol.40(12), pp.769-784.
- Canever, M.D., van Trijp, H.C.M. and Beers, G. (2008) The Emergent Demand Chain Management: Key Features and Illustration from the Beef Business. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol.13(2), pp.104-115.
- CIPS: Demand Planning.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Demand Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques