Delphi Forecasting Method
The concept reviews the Delphi forecasting technique and discusses why it is used in a particular setting and how it is implemented.
Delphi Forecasting Method Definition
The Delphi technique is a method for structuring a group communication process in the way that the process is effective in allowing a group of individuals to deal with a complex problem (Linstone and Turoff, 2002; Linstone and Turoff, 1975). This method is mostly used for problem solving, planning and decision-analysis (Rowe and Wright, 1999).
Delphi Forecasting Method Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Delphi Forecasting Method.
Delphi Forecasting Method Strengths *
Delphi Forecasting Method Weaknesses *
Examples of Delphi Forecasting Method *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Delphi Forecasting Method Implementation *
Success Factors of Delphi Forecasting Method *
Measures of Delphi Forecasting Method *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Delphi Forecasting Method Videos *
Delphi Forecasting Method Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Delphi Forecasting Method Web Resources *
Delphi Forecasting Method Print Resources *
Delphi Forecasting Method References (4 of up to 20) *
- Adler, M. and Ziglio, E. (1996) Gazing into the oracle. Jessica Kingsley Publishers: Bristol, PA.
- Armstrong, J.S. and Green, K.C. (2011). Demand forecasting: Evidence-based methods. In C.R. Thomas and W.F. Shughart, eds. Oxford Handbook in Managerial Economics [Forthcoming].
- Cline, A. (2000) Prioritisation process using the Delphi technique. Carolla Development, Inc. [online] Available at: (www.carolla.com/wp-delph.htm) [Accessed 21 October 2011].
- Green, K.C., Armstrong, J.S., and Graefe, A. (2007) Methods to elicit forecasts from groups: Delphi and prediction markets compared. Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, Vol.8, pp.17-20.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Delphi Forecasting Method and hundreds of other essential business management techniques