Database marketing uses databases of customers or potential customers to generate real value for companies. The concept explores why it is important for organisations to be aware of customer needs and explores key characteristics of database marketing.
Database Marketing Definition
At the heart of every direct marketing activity is a marketing database and its effectiveness depends on the amount and quality of customer information held by organisations. Database Marketing can be defined as the effort of organiations in compiling, analysing, using and maintaining data held about customers. This effort can assist organisations in contacting, transacting and building relationships with existing and potential customers (Jobber, 2009).
Database Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Database Marketing.
Database Marketing Strengths *
Database Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Database Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Database Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Database Marketing *
Measures of Database Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Database Marketing Videos *
Database Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Database Marketing Web Resources *
Database Marketing Print Resources *
Database Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ahmad, R. and Buttle, F. (2001) Customer Retention: A Potentially Potent Marketing Management Strategy. Journal of Strategic Marketing, Vol. 9(1 ), pp. 29-45.
- Blattberg, R.C., Kim, B.D. and Neslin, S.A. (2008) Database Marketing. Analyzing and Managing Customers. Springer, New York.
- Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2006) Principles of Marketing. (4th edition) Financial Times/Prentice Hall, UK.
- Hughes, A.M (2006) Database Marketing. The Masterplan for Starting and Managing a Profitable, Customer-Based Marketing Program. (3rd edition) McGraw-Hill, New York.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Database Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques