Marketers use customer profiling to identify the best customers, their common interests and demographic information. This concept will assist marketers to make informed targeting decisions based on customer profiling analysis by providing an overview of key characteristics and tools.
Customer Profiling Definition
A customer profile is a model of the customer. Based on this profile the marketer decides on the right strategies and tactics to meet the needs of that customer. From a marketing perspective it is one of the vital pieces of information that a marketer needs to know or equip himself with (Shaw et al., 2001).
Customer Profiling Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Customer Profiling.
Customer Profiling Strengths *
Customer Profiling Weaknesses *
Examples of Customer Profiling *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Customer Profiling Implementation *
Success Factors of Customer Profiling *
Measures of Customer Profiling *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Customer Profiling Videos *
Customer Profiling Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Customer Profiling Web Resources *
Customer Profiling Print Resources *
Customer Profiling References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ahola, J. and Rinta-Runsala, E. (2001) Data Mining Case Studies in Customer Profiling. Research Report TTE1-2001-29, VTT Information Technology.
- Armstrong, G. and Kotler, P. (2009) Marketing: An Introduction. (9th Ed.) Pearson EducationInternational, New Jersey, USA.
- Clarke, R. (1997) Customer Profiling and Privacy Implications for the Finance Industry. Paper presented at AIC Conference on Customer Profiling for Financial Services, Sydney.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J. and Ashford, R. (2008) Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Customer Profiling and hundreds of other essential business management techniques