Cross-Functional Supply Management
The concept examines current practices and trends in the field of cross-functional supply-chain management and provides practitioners with both a specialist knowledge and basic information in related business disciplines to design and manage efficient and effective cross-functional supply chain systems.
Cross-Functional Supply Management Definition
A 'cross-functional team' refers to a group of individuals "from various organisational functions who are brought together to achieve clear, worthwhile, and compelling goals that could not be reached without a team. Teaming leverages organisational resources while utilising the expertise of team members. Purchasers typically participate in teams dealing with sourcing, commodities, quality, and new product/service development" (Institute of Supply Management, in Lysons and Farrington, 2006:164).
Cross-Functional Supply Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Cross-Functional Supply Management.
Cross-Functional Supply Management Strengths *
Cross-Functional Supply Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Cross-Functional Supply Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Cross-Functional Supply Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Cross-Functional Supply Management *
Measures of Cross-Functional Supply Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Cross-Functional Supply Management Videos *
Cross-Functional Supply Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Cross-Functional Supply Management Web Resources *
Cross-Functional Supply Management Print Resources *
Cross-Functional Supply Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Cousins, P., Lamming, R., Lawson, B. and Squire, B. (2008) Strategic Supply Management: Principles, Theories and Practice. FT Prentice Hall: Harlow and London.
- Handfield, R.B. and Nichols, E.L. Jr. (1999) Introduction to Supply Chain Management. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
- Henke, J.W., Krachenberg, A.R. and Lyons, T.F. (1993) 'Cross-functional teams: Good Concept, Bad Implementation!', Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol.10(3), pp.216-229.
- Leenders, M.R., Fearon, H.E., Flynn, A.E. and Johnson, P.F. (2002) Purchasing and Supply Management. 12th ed. McGraw-Hill Irwin: Boston, MA.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Cross-Functional Supply Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques