Critical Path Analysis
The concept will help decision-makers to better understand the critical path method. It provides a brief description of the technique and discusses its benefits and implementation steps.
Critical Path Analysis Definition
Critical path analysis (also known as critical path method) is a network-diagramming technique used to predict total project duration and aids in combating project schedule overruns (Schwalbe, 2010).
Critical Path Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Critical Path Analysis.
Critical Path Analysis Strengths *
Critical Path Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Critical Path Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Critical Path Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Critical Path Analysis *
Measures of Critical Path Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Critical Path Analysis Videos *
Critical Path Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Critical Path Analysis Web Resources *
Critical Path Analysis Print Resources *
Critical Path Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Abeli, W.S. and Dykstra, D.P. (1988) Improving Work Efficiency through the Application of a Critical Path Method. Forestry, Vol. 61(1), pp. 73-78.
- Bell, D.C. and Read, A.W. (1970) The Application of a Research Project Selection Method. R&D Management, Vol. 1(1), pp. 35-42.
- Fairley, R.E. (2009) Managing and Leading Software Projects. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
- IBM (2011) IBM Business Process Manager, Version 7.5. [Online] Available at: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r5mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbpm.wle.widget.doc/portalhelp/topic/using_cpm.html.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Critical Path Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques