The concept treats 'crisis management' as a relatively new field of business and management research. You will learn how to promptly respond to a crisis and how to ensure that business continuity plans can be effectively executed and managed.
Crisis Management Definition
Crisis management is a series of functions or processes that help to identify, study and forecast crisis issues, and to derive specific means that would enable organisations to prevent or cope with a crisis. It involves the systematic attempt to prevent organisational crises and/or to manage any that occur (Pearson and Clair, 1998).
Crisis Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Crisis Management.
Crisis Management Strengths *
Crisis Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Crisis Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Crisis Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Crisis Management *
Measures of Crisis Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Crisis Management Videos *
Crisis Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Crisis Management Web Resources *
Crisis Management Print Resources *
Crisis Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Basadur, M. and Gelade, G.A. (2006) The Role of Knowledge Management in the Innovation Process. Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 15(1), pp. 45-62.
- BIS (Department for Innovation and Business Skills) (2010) Crisis Management. [Online] Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/sectors/infosec/infosecadvice/incidentmanagement/crisismanagement/page33391.html
- Boin, A. and McConnell, A. (2007) Preparing for Critical Infrastructure Breakdowns: The Limits of Crisis Management and the Need for Resilience. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, Vol. 15(1), pp. 50-59.
- Chen, B.X., Sang-Hun, C. (2016) Why Samsung Abandoned Its Galaxy Note 7 Flagship Phone. The New York Times, 11 Oct. 2016
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Crisis Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques