This concept examines advantages and disadvantages of countertrade and discusses the implications, strengths, weaknesses and success factors of this trading approach.
Countertrade refers to "international and domestic trade where buyer and seller have at least a partial exchange of goods for goods" (Monczka et.al, 2010:248).
Countertrade Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Countertrade.
Countertrade Strengths *
Countertrade Weaknesses *
Examples of Countertrade *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Countertrade Implementation *
Success Factors of Countertrade *
Measures of Countertrade *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Countertrade Videos *
Countertrade Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Countertrade Web Resources *
Countertrade Print Resources *
Countertrade References (4 of up to 20) *
- Cherunilam, F. (2008) International Economics. McGraw Hill.
- CIPS: Countertrade.
- Kim, K.A. (2011) Global corporate finance: A focused approach. World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Lecraw, D.F. (2004) Countertrade: A form of cooperative international business arrangement. In Contractor, F.J., ed. Cooperative strategies and alliances in international business: Joint ventures & technology partnerships between firms. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Countertrade and hundreds of other essential business management techniques