The concept defines and describes various advanced costing techniques. It discusses how they can be used by professionals and managers and outlines success factors and implementation steps.
Costing Techniques Definition
Costing techniques are methods for ascertaining cost-for-cost control and decision-making purposes. They can be applied to make-or-buy decisions, negotiation, price appraisal and assessing purchasing performance (Lysons & Farrington, 2006).
Costing Techniques Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Costing Techniques.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Costing Techniques *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Costing Techniques *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Costing Techniques videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Costing Techniques web and print resources *
Costing Techniques references (4 of up to 20) *
- Arnaboldi, M. and Lapsley, I. (2005) Activity based costing in healthcare: a UK case study. International Society for Research in Healthcare Financial Management Ltd. [online] Available at: (www.freepatentsonline.com/article/Research-in-Healthcare-Financial-Management/141802258.html).
- Burch, J. (1994) Cost and management accounting. West Publishing: Minnesota.
- CIMA (1991) Management Accounting: Official Terminology. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants: Oxford, UK.
- CIMA (2005) CIMA Official Terminology. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants: Oxford, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Costing Techniques and hundreds of other essential business management techniques