This concept explores how organisations build up their own culture through tradition, history and structure. It also suggests that culture provides organisations with a sense of identity.
Corporate/Organisational Culture Definition
Organisational culture is a pattern of basic assumptions invented, discovered or developed by a given group within an organisation as it learns to cope with its problems of external adaptation and internal integration. The pattern has worked well enough to be considered valid and therefore is to be taught to new members as the correct way to perceive, think and feel in relation to problems (Schein, 1988; 1996).
Corporate/Organisational Culture Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Corporate/Organisational Culture.
Corporate/Organisational Culture Strengths *
Corporate/Organisational Culture Weaknesses *
Examples of Corporate/Organisational Culture *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Corporate/Organisational Culture Implementation *
Success Factors of Corporate/Organisational Culture *
Measures of Corporate/Organisational Culture *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Corporate/Organisational Culture Videos *
Corporate/Organisational Culture Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Corporate/Organisational Culture Web Resources *
Corporate/Organisational Culture Print Resources *
Corporate/Organisational Culture References (4 of up to 20) *
- Antorini, Y.M., Muñiz Jr., A.M. and Askildsen, T. (2012) Collaborating With Customer Communities: Lessons From the Lego Group. MIT Sloan Management Review, March.
- Brokaw, L. (2012) Marks and Spencer’s Emerging Business Case for Sustainability. MIT Sloan Management Review, July.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change. Pearson, Essex, UK.
- Cameron, K.S. and Quinn, R.E. (2011) Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture. (3rd Edition), Wiley, San Francisco.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Corporate/Organisational Culture and hundreds of other essential business management techniques