Coopetition is an innovative business approach that emphasises win-win scenarios between competitors. The concept details the strengths and disadvantages of cooperating with competitors, and case study evidence illustrates the types of relationships that can be achieved.
“Coopetition" is a business term for “cooperative competition” whereby competitors share costs and work together on parts of their businesses in which they do not compete” (Combs & Davis, 2010). Coopetition describes how organisations cooperate with business stakeholders in order to pursue profits (Luo, 2004).
Coopetition Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Coopetition.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Coopetition *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Implementation, success factors and measures of Coopetition *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Coopetition videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Coopetition web and print resources *
Coopetition references (4 of up to 20) *
- Bengtsson, M. and Kock, S. (1999) ‘Coopetition’ in Business Networks - To Cooperate and Compete Simultaneously, Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 29 (5), pp. 411-26.
- Berkman, R. (2012) CEOs — Not Just Teens — Can Get in Trouble on Facebook, MIT Sloan Management Review, December.
- Combs, W. L. and Davis, B. M. (2010) Demystifying Technical Training: Partnership, Strategy, and Execution, Wiley, San Francisco, CA.
- Hamel, G., Doz, Y. L. and Prahalad, C. K. (1989) Collaborate with Your Competitors—and Win, Harvard Business Review, January.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Coopetition and hundreds of other essential business management techniques