The concept describes the important economic principle of consumer expenditure. It explains its major strengths and weaknesses and provides step-by-step implementation advice and case study evidence of the concept in use.
Consumption Expenditure Definition
Consumption Expenditure is the spending by households on goods and services, excluding new housing. In developed countries it has become the largest component of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) (Arnold, 2008).
Consumption Expenditure Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Consumption Expenditure.
Consumption Expenditure Strengths *
Consumption Expenditure Weaknesses *
Examples of Consumption Expenditure *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Consumption Expenditure Implementation *
Success Factors of Consumption Expenditure *
Measures of Consumption Expenditure *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Consumption Expenditure Videos *
Consumption Expenditure Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Consumption Expenditure Web Resources *
Consumption Expenditure Print Resources *
Consumption Expenditure References (4 of up to 20) *
- Arnold, R.A., 2008. Economics. Cengage Learning.
- Baumol, W.J., Blinder, A.S., 2010. Macroeconomics: Principles and Policy. Cengage Learning.
- Conway, E., 2009. 50 economics ideas you really need to know. Quercus.
- Evans, M., 2011. U.K. Second Quarter GDP Levels: Summary. Bloomberg, Oct 5. Available at: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-05/u-k-second-quarter-gdp-levels-summary-table-.html.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Consumption Expenditure and hundreds of other essential business management techniques