Understanding consumer behaviour has significant bearing on marketing and public relations decisions. The concept reviews a number of issues related to consumer behaviour and organisational responses and will help you to enhance your marketing campaigns to successfully connect with consumers.
Consumer Behaviour Definition
Consumer behaviour is the study of how individuals, groups and organisations select, buy, use and dispose of goods, services, ideas, or experiences to satisfy their needs and wants (Kotler and Keller, 2006). Studying consumers provides clues for improving or introducing products or services, setting prices, devising channels, crafting messages, and developing other marketing activities (Kotler, et al., 2008).
Consumer Behaviour Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Consumer Behaviour.
Consumer Behaviour Strengths *
Consumer Behaviour Weaknesses *
Examples of Consumer Behaviour *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Consumer Behaviour Implementation *
Success Factors of Consumer Behaviour *
Measures of Consumer Behaviour *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Consumer Behaviour Videos *
Consumer Behaviour Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Consumer Behaviour Web Resources *
Consumer Behaviour Print Resources *
Consumer Behaviour References (4 of up to 20) *
- Berfield, S. (2009) How to Win Frugal Consumers and Influence Them to Buy. Business Week, January 29 [online]. Available at: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_06/b4118045670299.htm
- Blackwell, D.R., Engel, J.F., and Miniard, W.P. (2005) Consumer Behaviour. South-Western, International Edition, USA.
- Brassington, F., and Pettitt, S. (2003) Principles of Marketing. (3rd Ed.) Prentice Hall, UK.
- BusinessWeek, (2009) Growing Customers in a World of Declining Consumer Demand, Business-Week. [online] 17 July, available at: http://www.businessweek.com/managing/content/jul2009/ca20090717_888271.htm
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Consumer Behaviour and hundreds of other essential business management techniques