It is often argued that concentrated marketing is suitable for small firms. The concept suggests that large companies can also benefit and describes this approach of selling products to a specific consumer group in more detail.
Concentrated Marketing Definition
A concentrated market is one in which a firm pursues a large share of one or a few sub-markets (Kotler and Armstrong, 2009). It is a method that repositions products or companies into small, profitable and homogeneous market segments that have been largely ignored or neglected by others. This positioning is based on the integrated marketing concepts and distinctive competencies that the company possesses (Percy, 2008).
Concentrated Marketing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Concentrated Marketing.
Concentrated Marketing Strengths *
Concentrated Marketing Weaknesses *
Examples of Concentrated Marketing *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Concentrated Marketing Implementation *
Success Factors of Concentrated Marketing *
Measures of Concentrated Marketing *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Concentrated Marketing Videos *
Concentrated Marketing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Concentrated Marketing Web Resources *
Concentrated Marketing Print Resources *
Concentrated Marketing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Brynjolfsson, E., Hu, Y. and Smith, M.D. (2006) From Niches to Riches: The Anatomy of the Long Tail. Sloan Management Review, Vol. 47(4), pp. 67-71.
- Cravens, D.W. and Piercy, N. (2008) Strategic Marketing. (9th Ed.) McGraw Hill, US.
- de Haan, P., Mueller, M.G. and Peters, A. (2006) Does the Hybrid Toyota Prius Lead to Rebound Effects? Analysis of Size and Number of Cars Previously Owned by Swiss Prius Buyers. Ecological Economics, Vol. 58(3), pp. 592-605.
- Doyle, P. and Stern, P. (2006) Marketing Management and Strategy. (4th Ed.) FT Prentice Hall.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Concentrated Marketing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques