This concept has been designed for procurement professionals who engage in complex or high value tendering. It will give you a better understanding of complex procurement processes and will raise your awareness of rules and regulations in relation to procurement with specific reference to complex situations.
Complex Procurement Definition
A complex procurement is “one where the specification is difficult to define or is complex or innovative, the procurement is high risk, the competition is restricted to a limited market, the contract will be based on unusual commercial models (e.g. PFI or a PPP variant) or where the procurement involves spend in a number of categories)" (HM Treasury, 2010).
Complex Procurement Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Complex Procurement.
Complex Procurement Strengths *
Complex Procurement Weaknesses *
Examples of Complex Procurement *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Complex Procurement Implementation *
Success Factors of Complex Procurement *
Measures of Complex Procurement *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Complex Procurement Videos *
Complex Procurement Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Complex Procurement Web Resources *
Complex Procurement Print Resources *
Complex Procurement References (4 of up to 20) *
- BuyIT Best Practice Network (2002) Measuring the benefits: What to measure and how to measure it. [online] Available at: (www.itwnetworks.com/sites/default/files/Measuring the benefits (e-Procurement).pdf) [Accessed 15 November 2011].
- MPA (2012) Making Government Business More Accessible to SMEs – One Year On. Cabinet Office. Progress Report on enabling. March. [online] Available at: (www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/SME-Progress-Report-Management-Summary-One-Year-On.PDF).
- Caldwell, N.D. and Settle, V. (2011) Incentives and contracting for availability: Procuring complex performance. In I.Ng, G.Parry, P.Wild, D.McFarlane and P.Tasker, eds. Complex engineering service systems: Concepts and research. Springer: London.
- CIPS Australia: Opening the way to successful risk management in procurement and supply.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Complex Procurement and hundreds of other essential business management techniques