Competitive intelligence concept is designed to aid managers and business owners in their decisions through competitive intelligence. You will gain an understanding of how to gather intelligence and use it to achieve organisational goals.
Competitive Intelligence Definition
Competitive Intelligence (CI) is the process by which organisations gather information on competitors and the competitive environment, ideally using this in their decision-making and planning processes with the goal of adjusting activities to improve performance (Wright et al., 2009: 942).
Competitive Intelligence Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Competitive Intelligence.
Competitive Intelligence Strengths *
Competitive Intelligence Weaknesses *
Examples of Competitive Intelligence *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Competitive Intelligence Implementation *
Success Factors of Competitive Intelligence *
Measures of Competitive Intelligence *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Competitive Intelligence Videos *
Competitive Intelligence Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Competitive Intelligence Web Resources *
Competitive Intelligence Print Resources *
Competitive Intelligence References (4 of up to 20) *
- Babbar, S. and Rai, A. (1993) Competitive Intelligence for International Business. Long Range Planning, Vol. 26(3), pp. 103-113.
- Business Week (2001) In a Recession, Competitive Intelligence Can Pay Off Big. [Online] Available at: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/01_48/b3759083.htm.
- Calof, J.L. and Wright, S. (2008) Competitive Intelligence: A Practitioner, Academic and Inter-disciplinary Perspective. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 42(7/8), pp. 717-730.
- Daft, R.L., Murphy, J. and Willmott, H. (2010) Organization Theory and Design. Cengage Learning EMEA, Hampshire, UK.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Competitive Intelligence and hundreds of other essential business management techniques