The concept reviews two categories of commodity strategies and describes their advantages and disadvantages. It also addresses implementation information and case evidence from leading companies.
Commodity Strategies Definition
Commodity strategies (sometimes referred to as 'commodity sourcing strategies') are purchasing strategy plans that refer to commodity goods - widely traded raw materials and agricultural products, such as wheat, corn, or rice (Seitz, 1994).
Commodity Strategies Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Commodity Strategies.
Commodity Strategies Strengths *
Commodity Strategies Weaknesses *
Examples of Commodity Strategies *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Commodity Strategies Implementation *
Success Factors of Commodity Strategies *
Measures of Commodity Strategies *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Commodity Strategies Videos *
Commodity Strategies Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Commodity Strategies Web Resources *
Commodity Strategies Print Resources *
Commodity Strategies References (4 of up to 20) *
- Ferris, J. (1997) Agricultural Price and Commodity Market Analysis. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Hayenga, M. (1979) Risk Management in Imperfect Markets: Commodity Procurement Strategy in the Food Manufacturing Sector. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 61(2), pp. 351-357.
- Jones, K., Curry, K., Raper, J., Whipple, M., Mollenkopf, M. and Peterson, C. (2007) Commodity-Procurement Strategies of Food Companies: A Case Study. Journal of Food Distribution Research, Vol. 38(3), pp. 37-53.
- Leenders, M., Johnson, P., Flynn, A. and Fearon, H. (2006) Purchasing and Supply Management. (13th Ed.) Boston: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Commodity Strategies and hundreds of other essential business management techniques