This concept reviews commissioning and explores various factors that must be taken into account during the commissioning process.
Commissioning is the process of specifying, securing and monitoring services to meet individual needs at strategic level. The UK Cabinet Office defines the commissioning process as the cycle of assessing the needs of people in an area, designing and then securing appropriate services. Commissioning can be applied to all services whether they are provided by the local authority, or by private or voluntary sectors (Mead, 2004; Murray, 2008).
Commissioning Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Commissioning.
Commissioning Strengths *
Commissioning Weaknesses *
Examples of Commissioning *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Commissioning Implementation *
Success Factors of Commissioning *
Measures of Commissioning *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Commissioning Videos *
Commissioning Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Commissioning Web Resources *
Commissioning Print Resources *
Commissioning References (4 of up to 20) *
- Communities and the Local Government (2008) Needs Analysis, Commissioning and Procurement for Housing-Related Support. [Online] Available at: www.communities.gov.uk/documents/housing/pdf/housingneedsanalysis.pdf [Accessed: 20 February 2012].
- Davies, A. (2007) Soapbox: And What Do You Do? Supply Management, August.
- House of Commons (2010) Commissioning-Fourth Report of Session 2009–10. [Online] Available at: www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200910/cmselect/cmhealth/268/268i.pdf [Accessed: 20 February 2012].
- Kerslake, A. (2006) An Approach to Outcome Based Commissioning and Contracting. Department of Health. Available at: www.puttingpeoplefirst.org.uk/_library/Resources/BetterCommissioning/BetterCommissioning_advice/Chap9AKerslake.pdf [Accessed: 20 February 2012].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Commissioning and hundreds of other essential business management techniques