The concept describes how collective bargaining facilitates negotiations between employers and groups of employees. It outlines the benefits and drawbacks for different stakeholders and offers step by step implementation advice to help ensure a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) can be reached.
Collective Bargaining Definition
Collective bargaining is the formal process of negotiation between an employer and a group of employees. It usually relates to issues of employment, rights and conditions such as pay, rest and working time, work organisation and health and safety. The successful conclusion of the bargaining process should result in a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) being reached (Gennard & Judge, 2005).
Collective Bargaining Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Collective Bargaining.
Collective Bargaining Strengths *
Collective Bargaining Weaknesses *
Examples of Collective Bargaining *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Collective Bargaining Implementation *
Success Factors of Collective Bargaining *
Measures of Collective Bargaining *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Collective Bargaining Videos *
Collective Bargaining Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Collective Bargaining Web Resources *
Collective Bargaining Print Resources *
Collective Bargaining References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bacon, N. and Blyton, P. (2004) Trade Union Responses to Workplace Restructuring: Exploring Union Orientations and Actions, Work, Employment & Society, Vol. 18 (4), pp. 749-73.
- Friedman, E. and Lee, C. K. (2010) Remaking the World of Chinese Labour: A 30-year Retrospective, British Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 48 (3), pp. 507-33.
- Gennard, J. and Judge, G. (2005) Employee Relations, CIPD, London.
- Giri, Y. L. (2008) Human Resource Management: Managing People at Work, Nirali Prakashan, Pune, India.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Collective Bargaining and hundreds of other essential business management techniques