Co-sourcing is advisable for processes that an organisation does not want to completely allocate to an external provider. It reviews the main characteristics, benefits and pitfalls of this type of co-outsourcing, along with some case evidence showing how some organisations had approached it.
Co-sourcing is a type of outsourcing where the outsourcing agreement is a collective arrangement between one vendor and multiple clients. From the perspective of the outsourcing organisation, co-sourcing is the process of outsourcing certain business activities to only one external vendor (Edguer and Pervan, 2004).
Co-sourcing Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Co-sourcing.
Co-sourcing Strengths *
Co-sourcing Weaknesses *
Examples of Co-sourcing *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Co-sourcing Implementation *
Success Factors of Co-sourcing *
Measures of Co-sourcing *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Co-sourcing Videos *
Co-sourcing Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Co-sourcing Web Resources *
Co-sourcing Print Resources *
Co-sourcing References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bloomberg Business Week (2012) British American Tobacco PLC. 21 January. [Online] Available at: investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot_article.asp?ticker=BATS:LN [Accessed: 23 January 2012].
- Bowersox, D.J., Closs, D.J. and Cooper, M.B. (2007) Supply Chain Logistics Management. (2nd Ed.) McGraw-Hill: Boston, MA.
- Chase, R.B., Jacobs, F.R. and Aquilano, N.J. (2004) Operations Management for Competitive Advantage. (10th Ed.) McGraw-Hill: Boston, MA.
- Chopra, S. and Meindl, P. (2007) Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning and Operation.(3rd Ed.) Pearson/Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Co-sourcing and hundreds of other essential business management techniques