Closed-Loop Supply Chain
The purpose of this concept is to review the Closed Loop Supply Chain structure and explore its characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. It also investigates the factors leading to the development of a closed-loop supply chain and offers some useful implementation information.
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Definition
Closed-loop supply chains (CLSC) are supply chain networks that "include the returns processes and the manufacturer has the intent of capturing additional value and further integrating all supplychain activities" (Guide et al., 2003).
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Closed-Loop Supply Chain.
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Strengths *
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Weaknesses *
Examples of Closed-Loop Supply Chain *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Implementation *
Success Factors of Closed-Loop Supply Chain *
Measures of Closed-Loop Supply Chain *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Videos *
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Web Resources *
Closed-Loop Supply Chain Print Resources *
Closed-Loop Supply Chain References (4 of up to 20) *
- Akcali, E., Etinkaya, S. and Uster, H. (2009) Network Design for Reverse and Closed-loop Supply Chains: An Annotated Bibliography of Models and Solution Approaches. Networks, Vol. 53, pp. 231-248.
- Agrawal, V. and Toktayy, L.B. (2009) Interdisciplinary in closed-loop supply chain management research. Working paper. [online] Available at: (www.prism.gatech.edu/~bt71/articles/chapterv4.0.pdf) [Accessed 25 November 2011].
- Blumberg, D. (2004) Introduction to Management of Reverse Logistics and Closed Loop Supply Chain Processes. CRC Press.
- Cisco (2009) CRS Report: Waste. [online] Available at: (www.cisco.com/web/about/ac227/csr2009/the-environment/waste/index.html) [Accessed 25 November 2011].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Closed-Loop Supply Chain and hundreds of other essential business management techniques