Irrespective of the magnitude of a change that takes place within an organisation, there needs to be a change agent. Learn about the roles and attributes that change agents can adopt and consider the case study evidence and practical application steps provided.
Change Agents Definition
Change agents are people (individuals or groups) that not only initiate but also manage change within organisations. They can be internal to an organisation such as managers or employees, or external such as consultants who are tasked with overseeing change management (Tschirky, 2011).
Change Agents Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Change Agents.
Change Agents Strengths *
Change Agents Weaknesses *
Examples of Change Agents *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Change Agents Implementation *
Success Factors of Change Agents *
Measures of Change Agents *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Change Agents Videos *
Change Agents Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Change Agents Web Resources *
Change Agents Print Resources *
Change Agents References (4 of up to 20) *
- Anderson, L. A. (2011). The change leader’s roadmap: How to navigate your organization’s transformation. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Burke, W. W. (2011). Organizational change: Theory and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Burnes, B. (2009) Managing Change (5th Ed.), Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Carnall, C. (2008). Managing change in organizations. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Change Agents and hundreds of other essential business management techniques