This concept describes the basic principles of catalogue management and its uses. It reviews the components of catalogue management and examines strategic implications and benefits of good practice.
Catalogue Management Definition
Catalogue management “is the process of suppliers enabling electronic product content to be made available to buying organisations in order for them to procure goods electronically” and where the product content can be hosted by either the supplier or the buyer (Best Practice Guide, 2004: 5).
Catalogue Management Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Catalogue Management.
Catalogue Management Strengths *
Catalogue Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Catalogue Management *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Catalogue Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Catalogue Management *
Measures of Catalogue Management *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Catalogue Management Videos *
Catalogue Management Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Catalogue Management Web Resources *
Catalogue Management Print Resources *
Catalogue Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Baily, P., Farmer, D., Jessop, D. and Jones, D. (2005) Purchasing Principlies and Management (9th ed.), Pearson Education, Essex, UK.
- Best Practice Guide (2002), Building the Business Case for e-Procurement/ROI (CIPS e-Business Collection).
- Best Practice Guide (2004), Content and Catalogue Management: The Key to Effective Supplier Enablement (CIPS e-Business Collection).
- Best Practice Guide (2006) Selecting an e-Procurement Solution, BuyIT, BuyIT Best Practice Network.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Catalogue Management and hundreds of other essential business management techniques