This concept introduces Business evaluation as a business assessment method. It is designed to give you a better understanding of investment decisions and issues surrounding business evaluation.
Business Valuation Definition
Business valuation involves a set of methods to estimate the economic value of a firm. Valuation is used to determine the price to pay or receive to sell a business or a share in a business (Brealey and Myers, 1996).
Business Valuation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Business Valuation.
Business Valuation Strengths *
Business Valuation Weaknesses *
Examples of Business Valuation *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Business Valuation Implementation *
Success Factors of Business Valuation *
Measures of Business Valuation *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Business Valuation Videos *
Business Valuation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Business Valuation Web Resources *
Business Valuation Print Resources *
Business Valuation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Brealey, R.A. and Myers, S.C. (1996) Principles of corporate finance, 5th ed. McGraw-Hill.
- British Venture Capital Association (2011) [online] Available at: (www.bvca.co.uk) [Accessed 07 December 2011].
- Dizard, J (2011) Europhobic investors confuse noise for news. Financial Times, September 18.
- Huntsman, B. and Hobman, J.P. (1980) Investments in new enterprise: Some empirical observations on risk return, and market structure. Financial Management, Vol.9(2), pp.44-51.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Business Valuation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques