In B2B environment branding can provide leverage for sustainable competitive advantage. The concept outlines the importance of brand activities in B2B markets and highlights the main benefits, success factors, implementation steps, and impact of branding on organisations.
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Definition
Business-to-business (B2B) marketing/branding refers to a two-way decision process, entailing "active and limited buyers as well as complex and large orders" (Albadvi and Hosseini, 2011:503) which need "to be addressed as a system, a coherent network of relationships" (Gummeson and Polese, 2009:337). While B2B marketing is about addressing the needs and demands of other businesses, ultimately this demand is often driven by private consumers (Harris et al., 2011).
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding.
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Strengths *
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Weaknesses *
Examples of Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Implementation *
Success Factors of Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding *
Measures of Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Videos *
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Web Resources *
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding Print Resources *
Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding References (4 of up to 20) *
- Age, L. (2011) Business Manoeuvring: A Model of B2B Selling Processes. Management Decision, Vol. 49(9), pp. 1574-1591.
- Albadvi, A. and Hosseini, M. (2011) Mapping B2B Value Exchange in Marketing Relationships: A Systematic Approach. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 26(1), pp. 503-513.
- Ballantyne, D. and Aitken, R. (2007) Branding in B2B Markets: Insights from the Service-dominant Logic of Marketing. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 22(6), pp. 363-371.
- Chang T., Fu, H., Li, S. and Lee, H. (2009) A Case Study for Implementing a B2B Collaborative Information System: A Textile Case. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, Vol. 20(3), pp. 330-347.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Business-to-Business Marketing/Branding and hundreds of other essential business management techniques