This concept is intended as a 'hands-on' practical discussion of how business modelling is used to explore a range of business decisions and to identify the essential elements that drive business.
Business Modelling Definition
Business models are "primary tools for the financial analysis of nearly all major business decisions" (Tennent and Friend, 2011:7).
Business Modelling Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Business Modelling.
Business Modelling Strengths *
Business Modelling Weaknesses *
Examples of Business Modelling *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Business Modelling Implementation *
Success Factors of Business Modelling *
Measures of Business Modelling *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Business Modelling Videos *
Business Modelling Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Business Modelling Web Resources *
Business Modelling Print Resources *
Business Modelling References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aagesen, G. and Krogstie, J. (2010) Analysis and Design of Business Processes using BPMN. In vom J.Brocke and M.Rosemann, eds. Handbook on Business Process Management. Springer: London.
- Bridgeland, D.M. (2008) Business Modelling: A Practical Guide to Realising Business Value. Morgan Kaufmann.
- Briol, P. (2008) The Business Process Modelling Notation. Pocket handbook. LuLu: France.
- Bristol City Council (2006) BPR Case Study. [online] Available at: (www.localtgov.org.uk/webfiles/NePP/Guidance/061201 Bristol Case Study v2 3 1.pdf) [Accessed 09 November 2011].
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Business Modelling and hundreds of other essential business management techniques