The concept explores innovation and how it can create and capture value for organisations. It will provide professionals with a basic understanding business innovation.
Business Innovation Definition
Business innovation is the creation of substantial new value for customers and the company by creatively changing one or more dimensions of the business system (Sawhney et al., 2006). In other words, business innovation is the creation and adoption of something new that generates business value. This includes new products, services, or processes, such as integrated supply chain solutions (Sawhney et al., 2006).
Business Innovation Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Business Innovation.
Business Innovation Strengths *
Business Innovation Weaknesses *
Examples of Business Innovation *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Business Innovation Implementation *
Success Factors of Business Innovation *
Measures of Business Innovation *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Business Innovation Videos *
Business Innovation Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Business Innovation Web Resources *
Business Innovation Print Resources *
Business Innovation References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barnholt, E.W. (1997) Fostering Business Growth with Breakthrough Innovation. Research-Technology Management, Vol. 40(2), pp. 12-16.
- Boothby, K. (2007) Tesco Stores Limited: The IDM Business Performance Awards 2006, Silver Award Winner and Innovation Winner Campaign: Tesco Clubcard - Simpler and More Rewarding. Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice, Vol. 9(2), pp. 191-197.
- Brown, T. (2009) Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation. New York, Harper Business.
- Broring, S. and Herzog, P. (2008) Organising New Business Development: Open Innovation at Degussa. European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 11(3), pp. 330-348.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Business Innovation and hundreds of other essential business management techniques