Bribery Act 2010
The concept reviews the Act and suggests procedures which relevant commercial organisations can put into place to prevent instances of bribery.
Bribery Act 2010 Definition
The purpose of the Bribery Act is to "reform the criminal law of bribery to provide for a new consolidated scheme of bribery offences to cover bribery both in the UK and abroad" (Bribery Act, 2010). Within the framework of the Act bribery is defined as "giving someone a financial or other advantage to encourage that person to perform their functions or activities improperly or to reward that person for having already done so" (Ministry of Justice, 2010:1).
Bribery Act 2010 Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Bribery Act 2010.
Bribery Act 2010 Strengths *
Bribery Act 2010 Weaknesses *
Examples of Bribery Act 2010 *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Bribery Act 2010 Implementation *
Success Factors of Bribery Act 2010 *
Measures of Bribery Act 2010 *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Bribery Act 2010 Videos *
Bribery Act 2010 Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Bribery Act 2010 Web Resources *
Bribery Act 2010 Print Resources *
Bribery Act 2010 References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bowcott, O. (2011) Magistrates court clerk is first to be convicted under Bribery Act. The Guardian. October 14th.
- Ministry of Justice (2010) The Bribery Act 2010. Quick start guide. [online] Available online at: (www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/docs/bribery-act-2010-quick-start-guide.pdf) [Accessed 23 November 2011].
- Singleton, S. & CIPS: The Bribery Act.
- Stafford, N. (2011) AstraZeneca stops paying for German doctors to attend conferences. BMJ 2011;342:bmj.d2949.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Bribery Act 2010 and hundreds of other essential business management techniques