The concept describes the process of creating distinctive and durable perceptions in the minds of consumers. It will assist marketing professionals to discover and communicate the essence of their business and what it delivers to current and prospective customers.
Jobber (2006) defines branding as an attribute of a product or service, as its distinctive offer created by the use of a name, symbol, design, packaging, or some combination of these intended to differentiate it from its competitors. Branding can also be defined as the complete process by which organisations aim to build a unique name and image for a product/service in the minds of consumers, and to establish a significant and differentiated existence in the marketplace that attracts and retains loyal customers (Kotler and Keller, 2006).
Branding Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Branding.
Branding Strengths *
Branding Weaknesses *
Examples of Branding *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Branding Implementation *
Success Factors of Branding *
Measures of Branding *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Branding Videos *
Branding Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Branding Web Resources *
Branding Print Resources *
Branding References (4 of up to 20) *
- Beverland, M. (2009) Building Brand Authenticity. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Brand Z (2010) Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2010. [Online] Available at: http://c1547732.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/BrandZ_Top100_2010.pdf.
- Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2003) Principles of Marketing. (3rd Ed.) Prentice Hall, UK.
- Business Link (2009) Branding: Practical Advice for Business. [Online] Available at: www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073903636.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Branding and hundreds of other essential business management techniques