Companies will often use different marketing strategies, such as reward programmes, to cultivate loyal customers. The concept reviews the notion of brand loyalty and its importance for organisations.
Brand Loyalty Definition
Brand loyalty can be defined as the extent of consumer faithfulness towards a specific brand and this faithfulness is expressed through repeat purchases and other positive behaviours such as word of mouth advocacy, irrespective of the marketing pressures generated by the other competing brands (Kotler & Keller, 2006; Kotler, et al., 2008). Brand loyalty may exist when a consumer is unwilling to switch from a brand that he or she is familiar with.
Brand Loyalty Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Brand Loyalty.
Brand Loyalty Strengths *
Brand Loyalty Weaknesses *
Examples of Brand Loyalty *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Brand Loyalty Implementation *
Success Factors of Brand Loyalty *
Measures of Brand Loyalty *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Brand Loyalty Videos *
Brand Loyalty Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Brand Loyalty Web Resources *
Brand Loyalty Print Resources *
Brand Loyalty References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bennett, R. and Rundle-Thiele, S. (2005) 'The Brand Loyalty Life Cycle: Implications for Marketers', Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 12, pp. 250– 263
- Bouchenoire, J.L. (2005) In Pursuit of Brand Loyalty. [Online], available at: www.brandchannel.com/brand_speak.asp?bs_id=108.
- Brassington, F. and Pettitt, S. (2003) Principles of Marketing. 3rd Ed., Prentice Hall, UK.
- Casalo, L. Flavia´n, C. and Guinalı´u, M. (2007) 'The Impact of Participation in Virtual Brand Communities on Consumer Trust and Loyalty: The Case of Free Software' Online Information Review, Vol. 31, pp. 775– 792.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Brand Loyalty and hundreds of other essential business management techniques