Board Governance Value
The mission of all organisations should be to create and maximise stakeholder value. Including contemporary case studies and research, this technique explains how to increase value and outlines ways to implement value creation by strengthening corporate governance.
Board Governance Value Definition
Board-level governance refers to “the interactions between internal actors, external actors and the board members in directing a corporation for value creation. Accountability thus goes beyond managerial opportunism on behalf of distant shareholders… Value creation occurs throughout the whole value chain, and board accountability also includes a large set of board tasks” (Huse, 2007).
Board Governance Value Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Board Governance Value.
Board Governance Value Strengths *
Board Governance Value Weaknesses *
Examples of Board Governance Value *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Board Governance Value Implementation *
Success Factors of Board Governance Value *
Measures of Board Governance Value *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Board Governance Value Videos *
Board Governance Value Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Board Governance Value Web Resources *
Board Governance Value Print Resources *
Board Governance Value References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barton, D. and Wiseman, M. (2015) Where Boards Fall Short, Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb.
- Crane, A., Palazzo, G., Spence, L. J. and Matten, D. (2014) Contesting the Value of “Creating Shared Value”, California Management Review, 56(2), pp. 130-153.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) (2009) Strengthening Governance, Risk and Compliance in the Insurance Industry, London.
- Financial Reporting Council (2011) Guidance on Board Effectiveness, London.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Board Governance Value and hundreds of other essential business management techniques