Big Data Analytics
Big Data analytics is complex, in order to succeed organisations need to invest in the people behind the technology. Strengths and weaknesses are considered and practical case studies of implementation are shared to help organisations build up their Big Data capabilities.
Big Data Analytics Definition
Big Data analytics refers to the use of powerful tools and techniques to leverage data insights, trends and patterns from huge – often unstructured and disparate – data sets and make them easily and quickly accessible to business leaders, managers and other key stakeholders. These insights are used to inform and develop business strategies and plans (Bertolucci, 2013a; Zakir et al., 2015).
Big Data Analytics Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Big Data Analytics.
Big Data Analytics Strengths *
Big Data Analytics Weaknesses *
Examples of Big Data Analytics *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Big Data Analytics Implementation *
Success Factors of Big Data Analytics *
Measures of Big Data Analytics *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Big Data Analytics Videos *
Big Data Analytics Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Big Data Analytics Web Resources *
Big Data Analytics Print Resources *
Big Data Analytics References (4 of up to 20) *
- Berman, J. (2013) Principles of Big Data: Preparing, Sharing, and Analyzing Complex Information, Morgan Kaufmann, Waltham, MA.
- Bertolucci, J. (2013a) Big Data: A Practical Definition, InformationWeek, Aug 26. [online] Available at: (http://www.informationweek.com/big-data/big-data-analytics/big-data-a-practical-definition/d/d-id/1111290?) [Accessed December 2015].
- Bertolucci, J. (2013b) Big Data Analytics: Descriptive vs. Predictive vs. Prescriptive, InformationWeek, Dec 31. [online] Available at: (http://www.informationweek.com/big-data/big-data-analytics/big-data-analytics-descriptive-vs-predictive-vs-prescriptive/d/d-id/1113279) [Accessed November 2015].
- Buttle, F. & Maklan, S. (2015) Customer Relationship Management: Concepts and Technologies, Routledge, New York.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Big Data Analytics and hundreds of other essential business management techniques