The concept describes systems designed to aid organisations to streamline their purchasing processes and achieve savings. It presents a concise description of these systems, their core benefits, success factors and implementation steps.
Automated Buying Definition
An automated buying system is "a networked software system that links a company’s web site to other vendors whose offerings and prices have been preapproved by appropriate management" (Rittenberg et al., 2010: 575). Automated buying can accelerate purchase cycle time, increase inventory control and improve contract compliance (CIPS: Summary of Technology in Purchasing; Lysons and Farrington, 2006).
Automated Buying Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Automated Buying.
Automated Buying Strengths *
Automated Buying Weaknesses *
Examples of Automated Buying *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Automated Buying Implementation *
Success Factors of Automated Buying *
Measures of Automated Buying *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Automated Buying Videos *
Automated Buying Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Automated Buying Web Resources *
Automated Buying Print Resources *
Automated Buying References (4 of up to 20) *
- Botha, J., Bothma, C. and Geldenhuys, P. (2008) Managing e-Commerce in Business. Juta and Company Ltd., Cape Town: South Africa.
- Bragg, S.M. (2007) Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual. John Wiley: New Jersey.
- CIPS: Content and Catalogue Management.
- CIPS: Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Automated Buying and hundreds of other essential business management techniques