Recently, apprenticeship schemes have gained importance and more companies are introducing them to attract the right candidates. The concept reviews the benefits and drawbacks of these programmes in organisations and offers implementation steps and practical advice on how to get it right.
A form of vocational training in which the apprentice learns a trade or craft in a dual system consisting of both schooling and 'training on the job' where they are usually under an employee contract (Mincer, 1962).
Apprenticeship Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship Strengths *
Apprenticeship Weaknesses *
Examples of Apprenticeship *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Apprenticeship Implementation *
Success Factors of Apprenticeship *
Measures of Apprenticeship *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Apprenticeship Videos *
Apprenticeship Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Apprenticeship Web Resources *
Apprenticeship Print Resources *
Apprenticeship References (4 of up to 20) *
- Apprenticeships (2011) Apprenticeships: Opening the Doors to a Better Future. [Online] Available at: www.apprenticeships.org.uk.
- Bounds, A. (2009) Coal Sector Back with Rich Seam of Apprenticeships. Financial Time. [Online] Available at: www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2cd59d66-1cc1-11de-977c-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1WFMwrhup.
- Collins, A., Brown, J.S., and Holum, A. (1991) Cognitive Apprenticeship: Making Thinking Visible. American Educator, Winter Issue.
- Conboye, J. (2011) No University Regrets for a Real Apprentice. Financial Times. [Online] Available at: www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d0556cb6-6b69-11e0-a53e-00144feab49a.html#axzz1WFMwrhup.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Apprenticeship and hundreds of other essential business management techniques