This concept reviews agility in organisations and discusses the view that in the current economic environment it is key for creating of responsive supply chains. This concept will particularly assist managers and procurement professionals by offering business evidence and implementation suggestions.
Agile Supply Definition
Agility is a "business-wide capability that embraces organisational structures, information systems, logistics processes, and ... mindsets" (Christopher, 2000:37). The agile supply chain is a fast-moving, adaptable and robust system capable of rapid adaptation in response to turbulent and volatile markets, uncertainty created by economic and competitive forces, market opportunities, and customer requirements (Christopher, 2000).
Agile Supply Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Agile Supply.
Agile Supply Strengths *
Agile Supply Weaknesses *
Examples of Agile Supply *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Agile Supply Implementation *
Success Factors of Agile Supply *
Measures of Agile Supply *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Agile Supply Videos *
Agile Supply Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Agile Supply Web Resources *
Agile Supply Print Resources *
Agile Supply References (4 of up to 20) *
- Agarwal, A, Shankar, R. and Tiwari, M.K. (2006). Modelling the metrics of lean, agile and leagile supply chain: An ANP-based approach. European Journal of Operations Research, Vol.173 (1), pp.211-225.
- Aitken, J., Christopher, M. and Towill, D.(2002) Understanding, implementing and exploiting agility and leanness. International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, Vol.5 (1), pp.59-74.
- Christopher, M. (2000) The agile supply chain: Competing in volatile markets, Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.29(1), pp.37-44; (2001) Presentation, Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University.
- Christopher, M., Lowson, R. and Peck, H. (2004) Creating agile supply chains in the fashion industry. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol.32(8), pp.367-376.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Agile Supply and hundreds of other essential business management techniques