Aggregate demand is a fundamental principle of macroeconomics. The concept explains what is meant by the aggregate demand curve and what are its strengths and limitations and provides case evidence of aggregate demand in practice.
Aggregate Demand Definition
The aggregate demand (AD) curve shows the total quantity of goods and services demanded in the economy by households, companies, government, and customers abroad for any price level. An economy is said to be in equilibrium when in the long-run AD equals its GDP. Together with the aggregated supply (AS) curve it forms the basic macroeconomic model AD-AS for the analysis of short-run effects of several events and policies (Mankiw, 2011).
Aggregate Demand Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Aggregate Demand.
Aggregate Demand Strengths *
Aggregate Demand Weaknesses *
Examples of Aggregate Demand *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Aggregate Demand Implementation *
Success Factors of Aggregate Demand *
Measures of Aggregate Demand *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Aggregate Demand Videos *
Aggregate Demand Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Aggregate Demand Web Resources *
Aggregate Demand Print Resources *
Aggregate Demand References (4 of up to 20) *
- Barro, R.J., 2009. Government Spending Is No Free Lunch. Wall Street Journal, Jan 22.
- Blanchard, O.J., Quah, D., 1990. The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances. NBER Working Paper No. 2737.
- Jain, T. R., Khanna, O. P., Grover, M. L., and Jain, D. K. (2007) Macro Economics, VK Publications, New Delhi.
- Mankiw, N.G., 2011. Principles of Economics. Cengage Learning.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Aggregate Demand and hundreds of other essential business management techniques