Adaptive enterprises can deal better with risk and uncertainty than those with traditional structures. Practical case evidence is presented and factors to consider when implementing strategic adaptive management are provided.
Adaptive Enterprise Definition
Adaptive organisations are highly flexible and have the ability to change or adjust in almost real-time by altering routines and practices in response to environmental changes (Moitra & Ganesh, 2005).
Adaptive Enterprise Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Adaptive Enterprise.
Adaptive Enterprise Strengths *
Adaptive Enterprise Weaknesses *
Examples of Adaptive Enterprise *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Adaptive Enterprise Implementation *
Success Factors of Adaptive Enterprise *
Measures of Adaptive Enterprise *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Adaptive Enterprise Videos *
Adaptive Enterprise Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Adaptive Enterprise Web Resources *
Adaptive Enterprise Print Resources *
Adaptive Enterprise References (4 of up to 20) *
- Eisenhardt, K. M. and Brown, S .L. (1998) Competing on the Edge: strategy as structured chaos, Long Range Planning, Vol. 31 (5), pp. 786–789.
- Eisenhardt, K. M. and Tabrizi, B. N. (1995) Accelerating Adaptive Processes: product innovation in the global computer industry, Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 40 (1), pp. 84–110.
- Evgeniou, T. (2002) Building the Adaptive Enterprise: information strategies for successful management of complex, global corporations in times of change, INSEAD report, available at E-business Forum.
- Haeckel, S.A. (1995) Adaptive Enterprise Design: the sense-and-respond model, Strategy & Leadership, Vol. 23 (3), pp. 6–42.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Adaptive Enterprise and hundreds of other essential business management techniques