Activity Value Analysis
The concept offers the concise description of Activity value analysis (AVA) and explores how a well-structured AVA system can benefit your organisation and how to ensure it is successful.
Activity Value Analysis Definition
Activity Value Analysis (AVA) is a systematic and objective evaluation of the value of a good or service – it analyses the function of an input relative to its cost. AVA provides insight into the inherent worth of a final good or service (McGinnis, 2005).
Activity Value Analysis Description *
* The full technique overview is available for free. Simply login to our business management platform, and learn all about Activity Value Analysis.
Activity Value Analysis Strengths *
Activity Value Analysis Weaknesses *
Examples of Activity Value Analysis *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Activity Value Analysis Implementation *
Success Factors of Activity Value Analysis *
Measures of Activity Value Analysis *
* The business application section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business application.
Activity Value Analysis Videos *
Activity Value Analysis Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Activity Value Analysis Web Resources *
Activity Value Analysis Print Resources *
Activity Value Analysis References (4 of up to 20) *
- Aurum, A. and Wohlin, C. (2007) A Value-based Approach in Requirements Engineering: Explaining Some of the Fundamental Concepts. Proceedings, 13th International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality, Trondheim, Norway, June 2007.
- Beischel, M.E. (1990) 'Improving Production with Process Value Analysis'. Journal of Accountancy, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, pp. 53–57.
- California Department of Transportation (2003) Value Analysis Team Guide, Third Edition, [Online], available at: www.dot.ca.gov/hq/oppd/value/pdf/team-guide-3rd-rev-0803.pdf.
- Caswell, N.S., Nikolaou, C., Sairamesh, J., Bitsaki, M., Koutras, G.D., and Iacovidis, G. (2008) 'Estimating Value in Service Systems: A Case Study of a Repair Service System'. Service Science, Management, and Engineering, Vol. 47 (1), pp. 87–100.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Activity Value Analysis and hundreds of other essential business management techniques