The goal of artificial intelligence (AI) is to identify and solve tractable information-processing problems. The concept introduces basic knowledge representation, problem-solving, and learning methods of artificial intelligence. It also outlines the characteristics of AI and its business application, main attributes and benefits.
Artificial Intelligence Definition
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, particularly intelligent computer programs. The concept relates to using computers to understand human intelligence without confining itself to methods that are biologically observable (McCarthy, 2007). AI is a science of intelligence primarily involving falsifiable claims and testable hypotheses regarding the structures and processes that are necessary and sufficient for intelligent behaviour (Honavar, 2006).
Artificial Intelligence Description *
* The full technique overview is available for members only. Why not sign up for a free trial of our business management platform, and learn all about Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence Strengths *
Artificial Intelligence Weaknesses *
Examples of Artificial Intelligence *
* The business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence.
Artificial Intelligence Implementation *
Success Factors of Artificial Intelligence *
Measures of Artificial Intelligence *
* The business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application.
Artificial Intelligence Videos *
Artificial Intelligence Downloads *
* The professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools.
Artificial Intelligence Web Resources *
Artificial Intelligence Print Resources *
Artificial Intelligence References (4 of up to 20) *
- Bengio, Y.; LeCun, Y.; Hinton, G. (2015). "Deep Learning". Nature. 521: 436–444.
- Chace, C. (2016) The Economic Singularity: Artificial intelligence and the death of capitalism. San Mateo, CA:Three C's
- Condon, L. (2013) Innovative Companies Embrace IT Geeks. Forbes, 23 April 2013
- Dyess, A. (2008) No Worms in These Apples Applications: Essays on the Use of AI. Thinkquest.
* The further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Artificial Intelligence and hundreds of other essential business management techniques