Crisis Management Definition
Crisis management is a series of functions or processes that help to identify, study and forecast crisis issues, and to derive specific means that would enable organisations to prevent or cope with a crisis. It involves the systematic attempt to prevent organisational crises and/or to manage any that occur (Pearson and Clair, 1998).
Crisis Management Description *
* The full concept overview of Crisis Management is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the full concept.
Crisis Management Strengths *
Crisis Management Weaknesses *
Examples of Crisis Management *
* The Crisis Management Business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence of Crisis Management.
Crisis Management Implementation *
Success Factors of Crisis Management *
Measures of Crisis Management *
* The Crisis Management Business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application of Crisis Management.
Crisis Management Videos *
Crisis Management Downloads *
* The Crisis Management Professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools of Crisis Management.
Crisis Management Web Resources *
Crisis Management Print Resources *
Crisis Management References (4 of up to 20) *
- Basadur, M. and Gelade, G.A. (2006) The Role of Knowledge Management in the Innovation Process. Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 15(1), pp. 45-62.
- BIS (Department for Innovation and Business Skills) (2010) Crisis Management. [Online] Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/sectors/infosec/infosecadvice/incidentmanagement/crisismanagement/page33391.html
- Boin, A. and McConnell, A. (2007) Preparing for Critical Infrastructure Breakdowns: The Limits of Crisis Management and the Need for Resilience. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, Vol. 15(1), pp. 50-59.
- Chopra, S. and Sodhi, M. (2004) Managing Risk to Avoid Supply-Chain Breakdown. MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 46(2), pp. 53-61.
* The Crisis Management further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading of Crisis Management.