Complex Procurement Definition
A complex procurement is “one where the specification is difficult to define or is complex or innovative, the procurement is high risk, the competition is restricted to a limited market, the contract will be based on unusual commercial models (e.g. PFI or a PPP variant) or where the procurement involves spend in a number of categories)" (HM Treasury, 2010).
Complex Procurement Description *
* The full concept overview of Complex Procurement is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the full concept.
Complex Procurement Strengths *
Complex Procurement Weaknesses *
Examples of Complex Procurement *
* The Complex Procurement Business evidence section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business Evidence of Complex Procurement.
Complex Procurement Implementation *
Success Factors of Complex Procurement *
Measures of Complex Procurement *
* The Complex Procurement Business application section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the Business application of Complex Procurement.
Complex Procurement Videos *
Complex Procurement Downloads *
* The Complex Procurement Professional tools section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the professional tools of Complex Procurement.
Complex Procurement Web Resources *
Complex Procurement Print Resources *
Complex Procurement References (4 of up to 20) *
- BuyIT Best Practice Network (2002) Measuring the benefits: What to measure and how to measure it. [online] Available at: (www.itwnetworks.com/sites/default/files/Measuring the benefits (e-Procurement).pdf) [Accessed 15 November 2011].
- MPA (2012) Making Government Business More Accessible to SMEs – One Year On. Cabinet Office. Progress Report on enabling. March. [online] Available at: (www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/SME-Progress-Report-Management-Summary-One-Year-On.PDF).
- Caldwell, N.D. and Settle, V. (2011) Incentives and contracting for availability: Procuring complex performance. In I.Ng, G.Parry, P.Wild, D.McFarlane and P.Tasker, eds. Complex engineering service systems: Concepts and research. Springer: London.
- CIPS Australia: Opening the way to successful risk management in procurement and supply.
* The Complex Procurement further reading section is for members only. Please log in or subscribe to view the further reading of Complex Procurement.